PHOTOS OF DRUM KITS > STICKY 1: VERY FIRST STAR KIT
more than rare, to find a Star kit of the early days. This is one – to be exactly: So far the only one
on my web site – from the time everything started with Star.
It is a perfect example of how Star developed
the design of it’s hardware parts in the oncoming
– The tom holder bracket is rectangular
(later type had a rhombic shape).
– Star offered Stick-safer hoops with the first kits.
– This design of a cymbal arm holder was part of
the first kit versions, only.
– Obviously animal hide on the bass drum.
– At least: The puristic design of the snare stand …
In the end:
The badge on this kit shows the additional line
’Made in Japan’.
Now this is a strong indication, that Star started
to offer their kits under other brand names
from this date – or soon after this time – too, as
this slogan ’Made in Japan’ can be seen on many
of those badges as well.
For your reference:
Please note the section OTHER BRANDS & BADGES